Education & Energy Training
Consilience has been providing education and training services since its inception 16 years ago. We have a long history of providing oil and gas training courses publicly, and privately to both major and independent companies in the energy sector, financial institutions and Government bodies.
We were also pioneers in providing emissions trading courses, both to public audiences, private groups, including governments both domestic and international, banks and other professional advisory groups.
The modern business environment is changing rapidly and demands tight budgetary control, multi-tasking and staff rotation. This places a premium on organisational continuity and the ability to bring staff quickly up the learning curve to operational effectiveness. Consilience has well established practices for providing the best quality in oil and gas training courses.
Consilience provides experienced speakers and trainers for both in-house and external audiences. We also specialise in targeted training and coaching programmes for individuals or teams at all levels from beginners to the Boardroom. These include:
- Individual briefings for incoming managers and directors
- Basic practical training for new employees
- Advanced Training in specific markets for experienced traders
- Group understanding and teamwork exercises
The content of our Trading Courses include:
- Oil price formation/crude oil valuation
- Marketing, trading and hedging strategies
- Project finance using the forward price curve
- Trading and operations departments: separate but complementary
- Terminal procedures and operations and general terms and conditions of trade
- Trading the Brent/Forties/Oseberg/Ekofisk grade option contract
- Swaps and options- they are easier than they look
- European gas pipelines and tariffs
- Trading in the UK under the NGTA and NETA regimes
Specialist topics on which we currently offer packages, include:
- Climate Change and Emissions Trading courses: where we are pleased to be supported by the City of London Corporation and the largest broker in the sector, ICAP:
- Introductory Overview
- Measurement and verification
- In-depth analysis of the markets and how to trade them
- Kyoto, the Clean Development Mechanism and Joint Implementation
- The European Emissions Trading Scheme
- Other International emissions schemes, such as the US Federal and regional schemes, the Australian CPRS etc.
- The voluntary sector and verified emissions reductions