Education & Energy Training
Consilience has been providing education and training services since its inception in 1999. We have a long history of providing crude oil and refined products training courses publicly, and privately to both major and independent companies in the oil and freight sectors, to financial institutions, law firms, regulators, government bodies and universities.
Liz Bossley, the CEO, is a visiting lecturer at the University of Geneva, the University of Aberdeen and delivered an energy trading module of an MBA course for the University of Calgary in Balliol.
The modern business environment is changing rapidly and demands tight budgetary control, multi-tasking and staff rotation. This places a premium on organisational continuity and the ability to bring staff quickly up the learning curve to operational effectiveness. Consilience has well established practices for providing the best quality in oil and gas training courses.
Consilience provides experienced speakers and trainers for both in-house and external audiences. We also specialise in targeted training and coaching programmes for individuals or teams at all levels from beginners to the Boardroom. These include:
- Individual briefings for incoming managers and directors
- Basic practical training for new employees
- Advanced Training in specific markets for experienced traders
- Group understanding and teamwork exercises
Consilience also delivers on-the-job training to new traders and shipping operators in companies producing and selling oil for the first time. Consilience personnel will sit overseas with new, often local, staff as they implement trading and hedging policy at start up and schedule their first pipeline transfers or cargo loading and documentation..
The content of our Trading Courses include:
- Oil price formation/crude oil valuation
- Marketing, trading and hedging strategies
- Project finance using the forward price curve
- Trading and operations departments: separate but complementary
- Terminal procedures and operations and general terms and conditions of trade
- Trading the Brent/Forties/Oseberg/Ekofisk grade option contract
- Futures contracts: ICE, CME, DME, SPIMEX and INE
- What is special about “dated-to-paper” CFDs
- Swaps and options- they can be easier than they look
- Oil and gas pipelines and tariffs
Please select the box below that best describes your training requirements